Almond Ricotta cheese – Healthy substitute for store bought cheese – made with vegan and dairy free ingredients like almonds, garlic, yeast
#vegan #glutenfree #veganism #lowcarbohydratediet
People following the Diet : low carbohydrate diet, gluten free diet, vegan cheese, veganism can definitely choose almond ricotta cheese as an alternative for Store bought cheese.
Almonds are highly nutritious and best if consumed in very small quantities like 3-4 almonds per day. Almonds are loaded with antioxidants, lowers cholesterol levels, assists in weight loss
A 1 ounce (28 grams, or small handful) serving of almonds contains (1):
- Fiber: 3.5 grams.
- Protein: 6 grams.
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated), reduces hunger lowering your overall calorie intake
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDA, protects cell membranes from damage
- Manganese: 32% of the RDA, controls Blood sugar, lowers Blood pressure levels
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
The creamy Almond ricotta cheese when used in sandwich makes a great filling spread.
- 1cupAlmondsoaked in warm water and skin peeled off
- 1small pinch of Salt (optional
- 5Garlic clovesskin peeled
- 1teaspoonNutritional yeastsoaked in 2 tablespoon warm water
- 1red chilli
- 1teaspoonLemon Juice
- 1tablespoonOlive oil
- 1tablespoonRed chilli flakes
All all the ingredients (except red chilli flakes) to a blender and blend till smooth
Transfer the blend mixture to a mason jar or an air tight container
Add in the red chilli flakes and combine well
Almond Ricotta cheese is ready to be spread on pizza, croissant, etc
- Red chilli used while blending may be replaced with Jalapenos / Cayenne pepper
- Possible additions while making Almond ricotta cheese : Yogurt / Cottage cheese
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
On – 22 Oct, 2017 By Foodempiregoddez